Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Tale of Two Cities

A Tale of Two Cities
Another Deadly Week as Cops Battle Protestors
By David Greene
BRONX, NEW YORK, DECEMBER 19- The homicide death toll across the borough continues to rise as police officers from across the city are called into Manhattan to manage and control the NYPD protesters who have caused a month-long traffic nightmare during the busy holiday season.
Detectives from the 52nd Precinct were notified after an elderly patient at a local nursing home suffered a laceration to his back and later died at Montefiore Hospital.
Officials say Frank Mercado, 77, a resident of the University Nursing Home on Grand Avenue, died at the hands of a caregiver on December 8. The medical examiner later ruled the death a homicide and police would charge caregiver Cherrylee Young, 41, with criminally negligent homicide and felony assault.
A 17-year-old teen is said to be fighting for his life after being shot three times, including once in the neck.
According to NYPD spokesman detective Michael DeBonis, the
unidentified victim was shot at 7:20 p.m., on December 12, at the corner of Valentine Avenue and Miriam Street in the Bedford Park section.
According to DeBonis, "A 17 year-old male was shot in the neck, stomach and arm and was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital.”
DeBonis said of the still-unidentified victim, "He was in serious
condition, but I have not been told he has died.”
Officials believe he was involved in a dispute with another male  at the time of the shooting. The gunman then fled the scene.
Detectives from the 52nd Precinct who responded to the scene, were reportedly looking for a light-skinned male Hispanic, wearing a black jacket and blue jeans. The individual was wearing a ski mask over his face as he fled toward Webster Avenue.
Police are also investigating the shooting death of a male victim,
shot to death on December 14 on East Burnside Avenue.
Cops say the still-unidentified victim was shot one time in the chest and was discovered in the street by police officers from the 44th Precinct at 4:45 a.m., he died a short time later at St. Barnabas Hospital.
Police have no suspects or motive at this time.
A little more that an hour later police from the 45th Precinct in Throggs Neck were called to a home at 6 a.m., after a father discovered his two month-old daughter unconscious and unresponsive.
Investigators say Diana Rivera was rushed to Jacobi Hospital where she died. The child reportedly had bruises on her backside and an arm.
Detectives continue to investigate as they wait for the report from the medical examiners office.

No comments:

Post a Comment